Frontiers works with hundreds of research institutions, libraries, consortia and funders to streamline and facilitate the ways researchers are supported financially when publishing open access:
As a leading Open Access publisher, Frontiers works with research institutions, libraries, consortia, and funders to improve the ways researchers are supported when publishing open access.
- Reduced administrative time for authors and institutions by centralizing communications and streamlining submission and payment workflows.
- Authors released of some/all responsibility for Article Processing Charges (APCs) - depending on the agreement with their institution.
- Discounts on APCs depending on the agreement.
- Institutions provided with insight into open access uptake and expenditure via detailed data reports on articles published by their researchers.
- Institutions remain in full control with every APC verified by their central contact point.
How to become a Frontiers institutional partner
If you are interested in setting up an institutional partner with Frontiers and need more information for it, or if you want to recommend Frontiers institutional plans to your librarian, contact us through the respective form:
Contact us for more information
Frontiers institutional partnerships
Institutional agreements between Frontiers and an organization simplify the payment process for authors who are affiliated with (or grantees of) the organization, and who wish to publish in Frontiers journals. Institutions can become partners individually, or via a (national) consortium agreement.