About this Research Topic
The first challenge in this series is "Image Processing for Future Immersive Applications".
The Specialty Chief Editor would like to invite critical, ambitious, and courageous contributions, theoretical, conceptual, empirical, or computational, that can provide new insights and stimulate a constructive debate around the following topics of interest:
• Visual information processing, coding, denoising, enhancement, super-resolution
• Learning-based processing, coding, denoising, enhancement, super-resolution
• 360° videos, light fields, point clouds, volumetric imaging, holography
• High Dynamic Range, Wide Color Gamut
• Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, metaverse
• Visual information transmission, low delay
• Immersive communications, interactivity
• Human perception and perceptually-inspired processing
• Visual quality assessment, aesthetic assessment
• Display technologies, head-mounted displays
• Low complexity implementations, energy efficiency, embedded solutions
• Datasets for new emerging modalities or specific application scenarios
The Research Topic solicits contributions from the Editorial Board members of the Image Processing section. Editors Challenge Article types include Brief Research Report, Original Research, Review, Mini Review, Perspective.
To acknowledge your efforts and commitment to shaping this discussion, the Specialty Chief Editor will select and award the best article submitted to this collection. The authors of the winning paper from the Editors Challenge in Image Processing will receive a full waiver for the article processing charge on their next submission to Frontiers in Signal Processing.
Keywords: Editor's Challenge, Signal Processing, Image Processing
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements. Frontiers reserves the right to guide an out-of-scope manuscript to a more suitable section or journal at any stage of peer review.